Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Bali Beads, there's nothing else like them...

This is the third of my series of reviews of beads that I received from Artbeads.com. As I mentioned in my post of January 3 and 7, 2010, December was the month for silver and glass beads. This time I chose a beautifully crafted square toggle clasp with an edging of beads and granulated diamonds. To match the toggle I picked a pair of triangle beads with the same granulated diamond pattern on the three surfaces of the bead. I have always loved working with sterling silver and these are some of the best beads available.


Now I looked for the grandest beads in my collection to match up with these silver beauties. I used faceted nuggets of blue Sleeping Beauty Turquoise and paired them with red Ruby rondelles to create this grand bracelet. Turquoise and ruby are some of my favorite gemstones, and I love the way this bracelet turned out.


Genuine Bali Beads come from Bali, Indonesia, where they are hand made by talented craftsmen in intricate and unique designs. 'Bali-style' beads are common in the market and are not made in Bali and are usually not handmade either. It is important to shop at reputable stores to ensure that you are getting what you are paying for. With Artbeads.com you know you are getting nothing but genuine Bali Beads.
If you like what you see then the time to get this beautiful toggle is now, a selection of Bali clasps, including this one are on sale , through January 28th!

The only downside to these beads, as with any sterling silver item is to keep them nice and shiny. To prevent tarnishing of silver jewelry clean them with a soft fabric or non-abrasive polishing cloth. Avoid direct contact with perfumes, hair spray, and always wear your jewelry after applying your cosmetics. After wear store wrapped in anti-tarnish cloth or sealed in plastic bags.

Disclosure: I received the beads described above above free of charge from Artbeads.com. I have been asked to review these beads/supplies and give my honest opinion of them.  I am not being paid by Artbeads.com for my endorsement of any of the products received and reviewed in my blog postings.



2 comments:

cindylyns44 said...

Wow I love that piece :-)

Janet said...

Really a beautiful bracelet. Perfect components and colors. Great work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails